Tuesday 21 February 2023

Outdoor Military Fitness

A COUPLE OF weeks ago I went out for a training run.   The plan was to head to Victoria Park and do some hill loops, using the lamposts as marker points and then run across to Paddockhall Road for more hill loops.   I completed the Victoria Park segment and then everything changed!

Outdoor Military Fitness were running their Saturday morning session in the park and I decided to watch them for a couple of minutes before moving on to Paddockhall Road.   Being a amazing friendly group I was invited to join the session, free of charge and give it a go.

This is one of the hardest workouts I have completed in a long time, it really tests your fitness levels in a fun, safe enviroment with a great trainer who takes your needs into considerion.   After an hour of the OMF workout I ran home.   When I walked through the door my wife thought that I had been run over by a car as my clothing was covered in mud from the session!

Since my free session I have returned twice for further sessions.   Since taking on the training I have found that my core has improved and there is an improvement in terms of my stability and endurance in running.  The basic athletics fitness level has improved, not significantly, but I have only completed three sessions so far.

OMF is run by current military trainers who are engaging and friendly, the groups are amazing as they are welcoming and help you with the sessions as you grow in confidence and build your fitness levels.   I have put this down to the way that the trainers approach and develop both the individual and the teams to work together.   Which is exactly what the military do.

If you are looking for a really good workout to improve your fitness levels then it's worth dropping down to Victoria Park and have a chat, maybe come prepared for a free session to see how it goes for you.   OMF also operate in Crawley and Horsham as well as Haywards Heath.   If interested or you want further information then click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment