Saturday 5 March 2022

Clair parkrun 5th March 2022

SATURDAY 5th MARCH 2022 was my 103rd parkrun at my home course of Clair Park Haywards Heath.   Finished work at midnight and got up early to run as today is the first of three days off.

Today's theme was a celebration of International Women's Day, which is on Tuesday 8th March.   Today was an all female cast of marshalls specially and they did an amazing job of keeping it going and motivating everybody.   Next week it's all male cast.

Today was one of those runs that you know will stay with you for a long time!

Completed lap one  ✅ with someone heavy breathing behind me.   Lap two ✅ and they are still there, so I took a sneaky look back to see who it was.   A runner reasled I had clocked her and shouted, “Don’t worry I’m using you for pacing because you are good”.

Ok now feeling good about myself and thinking, "No pressure here to keep on track!"

Lap three ✅ hit the big hill and start to slow down.   Gabby not so keen on this starts shouting, “You can do it, don’t slow down now!”   My brain shouts at me, “Bloody right I can do this!”   Final lap and every time I slow down on the hill she is right behind me shouting.

We collapsed at the finish line extending our running family.   Great run, great motivation.   Thank you 🙏 Gabriella for making my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment