Sunday 21 April 2019

Surprise in the post from Run Gatwick


Those amazing people at RunGatwick have been busy this week mailing out all the race numbers with course information.   This is their second run and to add a little bit more colour to the event it will also host this year's Sussex Athletics Association Half Marathon Championships.

It was good to arrive home from work and find my pack had dropped through the letterbox.   It's all now very real with only three weeks to go before the big event.    I have been training and hoping to get a PB improving on my result from the inaugural run last year.   I have shared an article from RunGatwick entitled Safe Run which I will be following to ensure I am fuelled and hydrated.   I will also be looking forward to an artisan burger once I make it to the finish line!


Highlights from last year include running through Crawley on the closed roads, down the perimeter Road and across the end of  Gatwick runway.   I remember Charlwood (Surrey) was beautiful and the local residents were out to cheer us on with a live band playing. It was very uplifting.



No comments:

Post a Comment