Tuesday 19 March 2019

Review of the week w/c 11th March 2019

IT'S GOOD to get through another busy week and looking forward to some R&R next week as I get some time off.

Hybrid Boxing

Monday isn't complete without some boxing training!   I remember watching the last Tomb Raider film and there's a scene in there with Lara Croft in a boxing gym.   I flet quite inspired and started to find some where local that I could use.   The best I could come up with was the local leisure centre version of boxercise!

Box Fit gave me the aerobic exercise but they don't teach you any techniques.   I then discovered that one of the trainers had just got his Hatton Boxing certificate to teach.   It's him that owns the licence and not the leisure centre.   I decided to give it a go and if I could get the same aerobic exercise out of it as Box Fit then I would swap.   I got a lot more, so stuck with it.

Haywards Heath Harriers

Tuesday was another training event with the Harriers.    I was the only person who turned up for the 45 minutes strength and conditioning session, which meant I got a one to one with Martin the coach.   Very happy with that as we went through various exercises that will help me and my running.   Thank you Martin.

We then ran from Cuckfield down to Haywards Heath and did some loops with hills.   That was a tough session, but as someone once said, "What doesn't kill you just makes you stronger."   Once  completed there was the customary run back to Cuckfield from Haywards to end the session.   This ended the trining session at 9.5K.   By the end of it I was starving and got a KFC on the way home!    Oops, bad runner!

Park Run

Saturday and I was working a late shift.   My wife had gone to Wales for a few days and I had the opportunity to do a quick Park Run.   This is something that I love to do, but have not had much opportunity to lately.

I left the house and it was freezing cold but I had my long sleeve top and leggings on and knew that I would warm up when the running started.   As I arrived it started to rain and I sat in the car park watching it!   I came to the conclusion that I was going to get wet so I might as well embrace that and enjoy it!  What the heck!

By the time the briefings started the rain had almost stopped.   I managed my usual time which was good considering the gap since my last run there.   The issue with Claire Park is the course if x4.5 laps and just under 50% of it is uphill, with one really steep bit that saps your strength.

Lesson of the day is that I need to do more Park Run!   But then I think everybody should do more Park Run!

Twitter

Really good news on my Twitter account as this week I hit 50 followers.   That was inspirational and within a few days I was nearly up to 60.   I have to say that I am loving the Twitter, but need to do more with the Instagram account. 


No comments:

Post a Comment