Monday 25 March 2019

Revew of the week w/c 18th March 2019

SAD NEWS this week as my mother in law's dog Mitzy passed away after being diagnosed with diabetes.   Mitzy was an adorable Schnauzer who I used to take for a run up the Penderyn Road to the whisky factory. Crikey, did that dog love the whisky factory!   I started a stint of annual leave on the Monday and the wife returned from a home visit to Wales the next day.

My workload in the last 12 months and more has been really harsh and I worked out that I have not had any annual leave for just over six months.   I was well and truly overdue for a break.

Monday

No boxing today as the trainer has also decided to take leave.   Having the day to myself I decided to go for a long run via the gym and have a weight training session.

Set off from my usual spot and headed down towards Lindfield and then cut back towards Haywards Heath.   Taking a detour past the railway station I headed for Sainsbury's and then the gym.   5.6 km later I was there ready to start the gym session.

One of the personal trainers at the gym is an ex England Athletics sprint coach.   Part way through the session we had a chat and he gave me a few pointers from the Harriers session I had last week.   It's good to have support from people who have had the training to identify poor technique and give you top tips.

Once complete I set off from the gym and headed towards Cuckfield via Blunts Wood, turning round at The Wheatsheaf pub and heading back towards the Heath and home.

Total run was 11.8km.   Great run and I felt that I had made the most of my first day of time off.

Tuesday

Back out with the Haywards Heath Harriers for a training session.   No strength and conditioning this week as Martin was off and we were in the capable hands of Marion.

Started off with a run down through Blunts Wood and round the back of the leisure centre and then going up to Muster Green.   Once there we started long and short loop hill training.   Going back down Paddock Hall Road towards the railway station and then back up Boltro Road to Muster Green.   The short route took a detour along Oaklands Road.

Boltro Road is a tough one to run because of the hill.   Great session which ended with the run back to Cuckfield.

Wednesday

Back to work briefly for a pre-planned training day.   Even when you are on annual leave the word 'mandatory' drags you back mentally to the daily grind.   A worthwhile day though and back on leave as quick as I can.

Friday

Went to Lake Vyrnwy for the weekend.   That was so good I have written a separate blog on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment